11-10-2012 05:10:02, Johannesburg
|As a Honeymoon couple travelling from South Africa, and on our first trip to Thailand, this was the first stop of our trip. We stayed here for 6 nights at the end of Aug 2012, and we can both highly recommend it. We would definitely be keen to come back.
The pro's are:
- Bright, clean, light, airy
- Stylish, modern, upmarket, mirrors everywhere
- Spacious, well layed-out, good design
- Well fitted, couches, flatscreens, bedside lamps, amazing cupboards, and safe, etc.
- Excellent shower, great toilet
- The air-cons are well positioned and work excellently
- Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Baw and Ryan were absolutely superb.
- 10 minute walk from Junceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road where all the action is.
- 5 minute walk from the beach
- Quiet and tranquil, so falling asleep is easy at any time of day
- Pick up from airport was great, on arrival at reception we received flower necklaces, refreshment towels and fruit drinks
- Room was wonderfully decorated for Honeymoon. Lovely touch!
- Best value for money, try book in advance
- We always looked forward to coming home to our apartment after a long day out venturing about and touring
The flipside (To be honest these are probably all negligible):
- The T.V in our room was fuzzy (we didn't care because we didn't watch t.v. much on this trip anyway and when we did, we watched in the lounge)
- The pressure of the shower could have been slightly more powerful
- The room is quite light still when all the lights are switched off and the curtains are drawn, but also negligible.
- Safe positioned a bit too low on the ground for me, would be better if at waist level or slightly higher.
- The breakfast was good, not overly amazing or anything, could improve.
- No view of the sea, but we knew this beforehand so no complaints.
- No bath, but we also knew this beforehand.
Patong is definitely the place to stay in if you come to Phuket. If we came back, we would stay here again, and BYD Lofts is the perfect 'non-resort& #039; choice. My advice would be not to stay in Karon, Kata or Kammala. Patong is the place to be and where it's all at.